Recreational usage and personal stories substance use among "sigma males" (drugs, alcohol, smoking, etc.)

Hi guys

I just wanted to know whether you have ever experimented or still recreational use drugs like: psycoactive (LSD, shrooms, XTC, etc.) and opium (cocaine, heroin, etc.).

I myself I'm a sporadic user of cocaine, mainly in acute periods of: high levels of stress, annoyance, boredom or a mixture of restrictions like this corona pandemic has provides us with.

So post your comment below of your experiences with drug use and also interested to hear about quitting or relapsing (tips). Although, I'm more interested in hearing about the biological opiums like cocaine that I use myself, alcohol and smoking addictions also count.

Cheers

Edited by YouSmallFish
  • Great Post! 1

• YouSmallFish changed the title to Recreational usage and personal stories substance use among "sigma males" (drugs, alcohol, smoking, etc.)

I was undiagnosed with OCD and ADHD until quite later in life.

I'm 39 now. 

In college, things were going horribly. I was always raised to say no to drugs. I reached a very low point and tried marijuana. 

After using it I'd have a strong urge to go to the university library. In class I'd get given an assignment, go home, use, and finish the assignment asap. That way I'd have more free time for myself.

I had a credit average.

I'd also be able to come up with a song, lyrics included on my guitar in ten minutes.

Marijuana makes you friends. But it's kind of like getting fleas from hanging out with a dog.

The drug would also make me feel down on myself on the tail end of the high - which would usually be about 4 hours in length.

Withdrawing from it would be horrible. I'd feel like bursting into tears randomly and I'd get very irritable. I was using daily for years, back to back.

Buying the stuff would also be very stressful for me.

Drug dealers, from what I've noticed kind of want you to tell them a funny anecdote on each visit.

I'd go there and rather just give them the money and collect it and leave. 

You can NEVER trust a dealer. 

My eyes would be half shut most of the time, and using visine daily can't be good for your eyes.

I haven't had any since 2013.

I've tried speed, it did absolutely nothing apart from me being able to drink all night until I was bored, I'd then have a great nights' sleep.

XTC simply made me lick my teeth. I have no idea why people spend $ on it.

A 'friend' told me to have a line of cocaine with him. I refused. 

He persisted.

I kept refusing.

To shut him up he had me put some on my tongue. It did absolutely nothing.

I'm now on 18mg of Concerta for my ADHD. Without it I'm like a tiger in a cage. ADHD is basically a dopamine imbalance - your brain doesn't naturally produce enough of the reward chemical, thereby forcing you to flood yourself with dopamine causing activities. ADHD is also in most cases accompanied with another mental disorder.

OCD is a much worser affliction.

I also have a very long history of alcohol abuse. Whiskey makes me week at the knees, and wheat bier helps balance it out.

Long story short, many years were wasted and it makes you unattractive. 

In 20 years, the longest I've gone without alcohol was 42 consecutive days.

My GGT (Liver count) was 250.

A healthy liver is less than 40.

After the 42 days, my GGT is now 37.

17 hours ago, Generic Forum Name said:

I also have a very long history of alcohol abuse. Whiskey makes me week at the knees, and wheat bier helps balance it out.

Long story short, many years were wasted and it makes you unattractive. 

In 20 years, the longest I've gone without alcohol was 42 consecutive days.

My GGT (Liver count) was 250.

A healthy liver is less than 40.

After the 42 days, my GGT is now 37.

Well, it sounds like you've straightened yourself out.  Well done my man. 

I am giving serious consideration to a 90 day challenge to engage the forum and get us all moving in the right direction.

Might be time to whip off my top and post my flabby body again for a body improvement challenge!

Problem is I am pretty damn busy..Hmmm

• 2 months later...

I've had a moderate problem with alcoholism for the past 6 years which veers off into a major problem occasionally.  Luckily I only like beer and sometimes wine so I never pound down shots.  However at times I can sit at a bar for hours and drink enough beers that I barely remember getting home.  I've been able to keep my life on track with a strict workout regimen but I do feel that I'm burning the candle at both ends.  Completely quitting alcohol is a massive life change whereas moderation only lasts so long.  So I'm not sure what the solution is right now.

I quit smoking for good about 1 year ago.

I've always drunk a fair bit, except when training.  Now at nearly 46 I've decided that enough is enough and I've cut down drastically on drinking too. Forever.

In my opinion it's discipline.  First few weeks are hard, after that, fuck it.

If you can learn to love ascetism, frugality , routine and discipline you can easily beat it.  That's why you can still lose weight, build a cracking body, and have a 30 inch waist in your mid - late 40s.

You need to love the feeling of energy, power and strength that comes from having a healthy strong body MORE than the oblivion of drugs, alchol and smoking.

I know @Viking NYChas already done this. Others too, although it's rare.  I'll be joining you in a few months.  

Here's my succint tip : find a very simple diet that works for you.  Stick to it. Learn to love it.  Ignore your cravings for other food, except once in a while.

Memorise foodstuffs and keep a running calorie count in your head.  Rely on big chunk principles : eat when hungry, don't eat when not.  If you overate yesterday, skip 2/3 meals the next day and walk more / train more/ swim more.

Do swimming, sprinting, walking, gym work. 

IMO that's the key.

17 hours ago, Steve Jabba said:

In my opinion it's discipline.  First few weeks are hard, after that, fuck it.

If you can learn to love ascetism, frugality , routine and discipline you can easily beat it.  That's why you can still lose weight, build a cracking body, and have a 30 inch waist in your mid - late 40s.

You need to love the feeling of energy, power and strength that comes from having a healthy strong body MORE than the oblivion of drugs, alcohol and smoking.

I think there's a lot to be said for this statement.  Until 2015 I only drank on the weekends.  Then when I started doing online dating I could easily have 3 dates during the week all involving alcohol.  It quickly reached the point where I was craving that stimulation every day and started drinking on a near daily basis.  

During the lockdown last year I actually was able to go over 2 months without drinking just because I accepted it was going to be an austere low stimulation time of my life no matter what.  But then my drinking went back to near daily after that.

Yesterday really hammered home that I need to address this issue now.  Usually Saturday is my biggest day for daygame but after a week of heavy drinking I was so emotionally, physically, and mentally exhausted I couldn't even consider doing an approach.  So I've decided today I need to start really focusing on this problem and make it a priority in my life.

Posted (edited)

Since more than a year, I drink every evening like +1liter beer or wine... I do not care nor fear dead anymore only pain. Life has no logical meaning after all, starting a generational family and all labour (even the largest inventions) are surrogate activities brought you by the story of sisyphus. Survival and replication of the genes is boring, I have understood and seen it by now...your mileage in drinking may vary. Meanwhile I'll enjoy my stay in the physical world as best as I can, after all immersion is hapiness.

Edited by YouSmallFish