Clown world

Silverfox

Hey guys,

i am living in Germany, and there is something i want to talk about. It is related to coronavirus, but i think you can translate this pattern (gvt dealing with "problems") to your own country and country-specific political atmosphere. Consider the following: At my place, you have an exit lock from 22PM to 5AM,  they say cause of covid (Think your own part of that...). Additionally, they try to enforce  a vaccination compulsion, so that everyone gets vaccinated. Imagine taking a jab with a "medicine" nobody knows anything about! At this point, i do not understand how a responisble person would allow that to happen. The next step is, they shifted the frame of things you are allowed to say; if you say the  things i pointed out above, you are called conspiracy theorist, right wing nazi. And many people at my age are swallowing all these pills while enjoying to be on the moral high ground! It is frightening. It is stupid. And i cant do anything about it. At this point, i wonder what the government does next. I think they will do more stupid stuff just to test how far they could troll their own people. It is a circus at this moment.

I hope you guys can understand me, even if you do not think that way.

• Administrators

Hey,

No you cannot do anything.  But know that there are still sane places left on the internet and in the world.  This is one of the bastions of sanity left online, and the Balkans seem to be one of the few remaining safe places in the world.

I am still in 2 minds about whether they will let this go, or whether it's going to be new variants, new lockdowns, new restrictions.

I will tell you that despite what the Government says, the reality on the ground is often quite different and "rules" are broken with impunity.  You are not alone, and there are others who share your views.

Good post.

• Like 1

I also thought about the balkans, they have a great landscape and atmosphere there. In the first step, i am glad somebody shares my point of view (even though its just in the internet). The fact that not the whole humanity is "venomed" by the propaganda,  is nice to fight off the despair caused by it. Despair can also be a weapon to demoralize the individuals.

The point that rules are boken, it is kind of different here... I once heard about that example comparing the US with germany: If an US citizen stands at the red traffic lights, he takes a look around - if no car is in sight, he crosses the street even though the lights were red. In germany, the person would just stand and wait for the lights to turn finally green. The amount of obedience here is close to insanity, it also relates to covid restrictions. 

For myself, me and my friends are sometimes breaking the rules (You are not allowed to drink alcohol in specific areas, cause of covid....!) and thats a thing i am glad about.

Anyways, i would consider wandering out to another country is option no. 1 .

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Yumasp34ks said:

society only gets as authoritarian as its citizens allow, leave your country or shoot your local politicians unironically the only  real options  

It needs to be organised and done in numbers.  I don't think we're that close to that yet.  But who the hell knows if it carries on...

On 5/24/2021 at 12:43 PM, Steve Jabba said:

It needs to be organised and done in numbers.  I don't think we're that close to that yet.  But who the hell knows if it carries on...

i give 5 years to a decade max wont matter for me either way because I'm moving 

• 5 months later...

I thought clown world closed down?

My uncle took my there as a kid and i remember loving it

but i remember a few years ago it came out that the clowns were actually illegal immigrants who had their passports stolen and were forced to perform, they were also way too handsy but as a neglected child i didn't mind that 

Thanks, Terence