Jump to content

Hitting The Wall As A Man


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

I often get comments on my Youtube videos that I've "hit the wall" and that I am no longer capable of attracting hot women. Hell, even fake Twitter accounts have sprung up in my name, purporting to be, trolling me, etc etc. 

It's all rather amusing and I know written by little Gamma haters. 

Well, let's examine that shall we?  

Right now, I am 45 years old. I have dramatically let myself go : I am about 12 KG's overweight, I haven't trained in probably 2 years, I've had recent injuries that fucked up my arms and knees. 

I've been eating a shitty diet for about 14 months, drinking too much, not paying attention to myself. 

And yet...

1306707495_hitthewallstevejabba.thumb.png.811277f3af2e45f8417d2b035e62cb71.png

It's pretty obvious. I look better now than I did 9 years ago. LOL. 

Take that you inadequate little haters!

Jokes aside, I do think genetics play a strong part in how you will turn out. And you know what? I think Orwell was right: 

"Every man gets the face he deserves at 50"

There's something beyond the quality of the skin or the EXACT baggage under your eyes..It's your mannerisms, your character...The ACTUAL kind of man you are , that is important. 

Personally I don't see it.  So do we slowly degrade after 36 or so, or can we maintain for much longer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's true, I think for a subset of men; the older they become the better they looking. Of course as you would accuse me of Lookism, I have asked doctors and specialists a lot about what exactly changes in the male face as they grow from 18y to 36y, and it's mostly the texture of the skin that becomes more rough.

I actually think that a rougher skin texture in men is more masculine than youthful skin, take a look at Sergio Ramos evolution and his face skin.

Now I do think it does not apply to all men. Many men who grow beyond the age of 30 will be overweight, balding, more baggy eyes, etc. which can be detrimental to your 'male looks'. One after his 30's should just aim not to look like a typical dad with the detrimental look elements I just wrote.

You do look more masculine now than back then Steve, just keep in shape and your hair on your head and you'll be fine imo.

 

sergio ramos.png

  • Great Post! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recently had the privilege to daygame with a 60 year old who still gets girls in their 20's and 30's.  The main thing I observed about him is that he's very vibrant and enthusiastic and talking to him is comparable to talking to a guy half his age.

  • Mind Blown! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Viking NYC said:

I recently had the privilege to daygame with a 60 year old who still gets girls in their 20's and 30's.  The main thing I observed about him is that he's very vibrant and enthusiastic and talking to him is comparable to talking to a guy half his age.

What a legend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I'm resurrecting this thread following on from a chat with my old mate Nick Krauser yesterday.

Nick is of the opinion that I look substantially worse than I did 9 years ago, particularly in the face.  

I disagree completely.  You can see the 2 photos above, which I put up way before this conversation.

You might have seen recent videos of me.

I'm always willing to face reality - it's one of my strongest beliefs - but I just don't see it. 

Any other guys here in their 40s who can realistically say they look :

  • Better
  • Worse 
  • About the same 

As in their mid 30s?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, YouSmallFish said:

I think his voice on this subject is valid. 

 

 From the few seconds I watched, he was apparently saying that you can make up for it in other areas as a man, which I agree with.

But that's not really the topic at hand.  I wonder if other guys here my age (45 +) objectively look worse, better, or about the same as 10, 15 years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Steve Jabba said:

 From the few seconds I watched, he was apparently saying that you can make up for it in other areas as a man, which I agree with.

But that's not really the topic at hand.  I wonder if other guys here my age (45 +) objectively look worse, better, or about the same as 10, 15 years ago.

lol. I got guessed early twenties by polska's, to which they stand shook when I said I was 'already' 26. A subset of western man have good genes compared to male slavs. If I was your age, aesthetically, I would not mind doing some cosmetic surgery or fillers/botox, easy job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m in my mid 50’s and like Steve,  I believe that I look better now than I did back in my thirties. I was married in my thirties, became overweight (skinny fat) with a size 36 waist and a belly hanging. Now I have a 32 size waist and I’m eating healthy and feeling great. I workout in between but I’m planning to workout much more. Also I still have a full head of hair but the grey has settled in so I color it a few times a year. So, you are what you make yourself, you’re  a canvas and even being older you can change and mold yourself into the man you want to be. It’s like the quote, “you’re only as old as you feel”. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2021 at 5:29 AM, Steve Jabba said:

 From the few seconds I watched, he was apparently saying that you can make up for it in other areas as a man, which I agree with.

But that's not really the topic at hand.  I wonder if other guys here my age (45 +) objectively look worse, better, or about the same as 10, 15 years ago.

Metaphor: I am cautious of the well I draw water from.  I used to like what he said but the more I learned about the person:

 

1. He goes nuclear in relationships if he is offended

2. He has these little YouTube wars with people I've never heard of and much smaller audiences than his

3. He can be very paranoid

4. He doesn't know how to cooperate or team build.  He has said as much that he is an independent builder who has a flaw of not following others lead

5. In direct conversation he folds a lot more and is far less adversarial.  He did a podcast with Richard cooper and the difference is night and day

6. He is of the age where I would expect more from his life.  He has high production value on his channel, but I'd suggest looking at his personal life as a way to vet the source

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
23 hours ago, Vince said:

Metaphor: I am cautious of the well I draw water from.  I used to like what he said but the more I learned about the person:

 

1. He goes nuclear in relationships if he is offended

2. He has these little YouTube wars with people I've never heard of and much smaller audiences than his

3. He can be very paranoid

4. He doesn't know how to cooperate or team build.  He has said as much that he is an independent builder who has a flaw of not following others lead

5. In direct conversation he folds a lot more and is far less adversarial.  He did a podcast with Richard cooper and the difference is night and day

6. He is of the age where I would expect more from his life.  He has high production value on his channel, but I'd suggest looking at his personal life as a way to vet the source

I did actually originally say more, but deleted it.  Bottom line, I just cannot watch the guy.  If he's pulled hot women at any point in his life, I'm Santa Claus.

In actual fact as part of a new strategy I am strongly considering going after buffoons like him and others like Rollo Tomassi.  Will have to give it a bit more thought...Atrracts a lot of heat, but someone has to say it.  I cannot fathom how these plonkers have any audience at all, let alone a large one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Steve Jabba said:

I did actually originally say more, but deleted it.  Bottom line, I just cannot watch the guy.  If he's pulled hot women at any point in his life, I'm Santa Claus.

In actual fact as part of a new strategy I am strongly considering going after buffoons like him and others like Rollo Tomassi.  Will have to give it a bit more thought...Atrracts a lot of heat, but someone has to say it.  I cannot fathom how these plonkers have any audience at all, let alone a large one.

 Snake oil magic tricks?  I think it's how u like to position urself.  I always like ninja strategies.  But that's me 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
Just now, Vince said:

 Snake oil magic tricks?  I think it's how u like to position urself.  I always like ninja strategies.  But that's me 🤣

I beg your pardon? That's the very antithesis of how I position myself..I think you've got the wrong person mate. Or you should read up a little more before making daft comments like that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh.,..... I don't think I spoke clearly.

I mean a tactic other people use  online is pseudo help. It's like astrology.  Vague enough to relate, but too vague to help.  But that position makes an addiction cycle where I used to watch motivational videos for months on end .

This forum is invaluable to me... And I enjoyed the specificity of ur videos.... I'm not sure what came across in my previous message.

 

Oh..... I see now.

 

I meant:

These people like crp  use snake oil magic tricks   if you want to confront them in media, that is an option, depending  how u want to position yourself long term. I myself prefer staying in the shadows like a ninja. But that is personal taste.  

 

My bad.  I'll be more communicative in the future

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
Just now, Vince said:

Oh.,..... I don't think I spoke clearly.

I mean a tactic other people use  online is pseudo help. It's like astrology.  Vague enough to relate, but too vague to help.  But that position makes an addiction cycle where I used to watch motivational videos for months on end .

This forum is invaluable to me... And I enjoyed the specificity of ur videos.... I'm not sure what came across in my previous message.

 

Oh..... I see now.

 

I meant:

These people like crp  use snake oil magic tricks   if you want to confront them in media, that is an option, depending  how u want to position yourself long term. I myself prefer staying in the shadows like a ninja. But that is personal taste.  

 

My bad.  I'll be more communicative in the future

All good my man.  I'm really glad you're here.

  • Great Post! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most guys would do better as older men if they divested themselves of their insecurities and kept in shape...not even tip-top shape, mind you, Just a small waistline and some muscles. I think the timeline is more generous than most realize: a guy could do well for himself through his 60s as long as he maintains a vibrant, piquant look--I was inclined to say youthful, but that's wrong.

I know it's anathema to say in the pickup community, but getting in shape is the best bang for your buck; it's a variable you can easily control (how often is that true?). And it raises your esteem in the eyes of others and yourself--it sub-communicates positive qualities & life is entirely about sub-communications; since most people frequently lie about themselves, others will seek out truths about you in other ways; & being in shape is inviolable; a person cannot fake it; it's either there or it isn't.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Steve Jabba said:

I did actually originally say more, but deleted it.  Bottom line, I just cannot watch the guy.  If he's pulled hot women at any point in his life, I'm Santa Claus.

In actual fact as part of a new strategy I am strongly considering going after buffoons like him and others like Rollo Tomassi.  Will have to give it a bit more thought...Atrracts a lot of heat, but someone has to say it.  I cannot fathom how these plonkers have any audience at all, let alone a large one.

Rollo  is a pretty good orator. I think that's why he has an audience because otherwise he has no credentials on picking up women what so ever. In fact I could imagine him as a a heel professional wrestling manager in the 1990s.. He is that sort of character.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...