Any code minded people in our midst?

I like to code to relax.  It's good brain food for me.

Im wondering if anyone else does coding.  It's fun 🙂 .  Although the popular story of instant riches is highly misleading in my experience.  There are, as y'all know, a multitude of factors to sucess beyond "build it and they will come"

Cheers 🙂

yeah, i'm a fullstack web engineer. It's a cool skill and one that pays well compared to other sectors. Highly in demand. I am able to earn more working part time than friends working regular jobs full time.

• Like 1
  • Great Post! 2

1 hour ago, Joe said:

yeah, i'm a fullstack web engineer. It's a cool skill and one that pays well compared to other sectors. Highly in demand. I am able to earn more working part time than friends working regular jobs full time.

nice!

• 2 months later...

Hi!

Front-end Dev here 🙂 I really enjoy the work and looking to do some more freelancing soon so that I can be more picky with my projects. Great to meet y'all!

Edited by A W
spelling mistake :(

On 10/5/2021 at 7:46 AM, A W said:

Hi!

Front-end Dev here 🙂 I really enjoy the work and looking to do some more freelancing soon so that I can be more picky with my projects. Great to meet y'all!

Freelancing is great. I did it for 3 years or so. I was earning like £350 per day as a mid to senior engineer. I wish somebody had told me about it when i was 20. Interesting projects and working with switched on people.

• Administrators
Just now, Joe said:

Freelancing is great. I did it for 3 years or so. I was earning like £350 per day as a mid to senior engineer. I wish somebody had told me about it when i was 20. Interesting projects and working with switched on people.

I second that.  I used to do the same.  It curtailed my freedom greatly though, but with remote working it's worth getting back into.

I intend to..Er..Beginning of next year.  I have "unfinished business" to deal with first..😉