Brain storm on business ideas

Posted (edited)

So ideas for a business, i have the work flow i think but not the idea.  Use something to scrape emails (personal or work) from LinkedIn and cold email a bunch of people about XYZ product, maybe it'll be B2B actually as you can get away with emailing business emails without breaching GDPR.  Then have them book in for a consultation on Zoom or whatever and you close them over a series of calls and emails or whatever. 

What product or service could be sold by sending volume emails, with a low conversion rate but high value?  And a decision that is a yes or no.  Once they buy it, they can fuck off type of deal? 

Or it could be low cost and high volume, but then you'd be spending your life on the phone to wankers wasting your time... 

spacer.png

Edited by Reformation101

A digital product sounds more like what you are looking for, or find a single trendy product to sell (example of products that made millions and I'm sure you've seen them around: 

1- Water Noodles (the foam dicks that floats on the water for whatever purpose you can use them for) 

2-Spinner Gadgets (those metallic spinning craps with bearing) 

3- Self illuminated pets neck strap (so they dont get run over by cars in the dark) 

4- Hand operated emergency mobile charger (great for outdoors, generates electricity by cranking a pedal, like that kitchen device that mixes the thingy) 

and the list goes on.... and on.... and on....   HOWEVER,   

As a business owner and as someone who had at least three businesses previously, I assure you that Business is hardly ever about he "idea" rather the "Business System"   

Slap your self on the face (to wake up) and ask your self those two questions:

1- Can I make a better hamburger than McDonalds?  The answer would be  INDEED YES. 

2- Can I make a better Business than Mc Donalds?   You got the idea right?? 

The main secret is in the "system" Not the idea and not even the product.   

P.S. I'm NO Business EXPERT!! 

Edited by 1David1Solomon1
  • Great Post! 1

• Administrators
On 7/8/2021 at 6:19 PM, Reformation101 said:

Use something to scrape emails (personal or work) from LinkedIn and cold email a bunch of people about XYZ product,

You'll need to keep using burner emails, because within a few days or possibly less, your email(s) will probably end up in the spam / promotions or junk folder.

Could you do it with Gmail? I think there' s a 500 limit, and though I guess it's theoretically less likely to be junked, I wouldn't be at all confident about it.

I don't see spamming and trying to brute force your way to get their attention working.  I believe Frank Kern used to do this stuff about 20 - 30 years ago, but has now moved onto stuff like "intent based branding".   Give a ton of REAL value up front, and get in front of them with ads and remarketing to those who display interest.  Sell within the informational based ad.

a business i recommend to people is something in the sanitation services industry.  cuz ya know, that thing that happened last year. Business to business would work if u got the right professionalism and such

I'm still obsessed with cybersecurity. but i'm still in research mode.  cuz there seem to be a cybersecurity disaster every few months... I could afford to intern somewhere to learn stuff

1 minute ago, Steve Jabba said:

What specifically do you mean? Can you elaborate?  Give an example?

There is a new industry I see a lot now - making everything spik and span at work environments like offices libraries and restaurants.  I go to a library and they even advertise which company does nightly sterilization for them. The shift after covid was so dramatic (everyone is sterilization paranoid) that there is probably a shot for new guys.  That's just speculation tho 😕

• Administrators
Just now, Vince said:

There is a new industry I see a lot now - making everything spik and span at work environments like offices libraries and restaurants.  I go to a library and they even advertise which company does nightly sterilization for them. The shift after covid was so dramatic (everyone is sterilization paranoid) that there is probably a shot for new guys.  That's just speculation tho 😕

Intredasting!

They don't want a big lug like me cleaning - especially since I am unvaccinated and always will be..But intredasting!

You have interesting ideas Vince.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

i'm playing symbiote to my business friends right now.   I am still apprenticing on how to boost sales and marketing for the peeps, but I have about half a dozen guys who are well positioned to "blow up".  Hopefully I can arrange a mutually beneficial deal with them soon 🙂

Yes, that is a venom reference 😛